Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Meadow Breeze Farm Market


This little hidden gem of a Farmer's Market is about as simple and local as you can get. I often ride my bike or walk to the Meadow Breeze Farm Market to pick up fresh eggs (that I use for my muffins/cookies/cakes-FABULOUS). Corn is in now (June 24 as of this writing) but as I know from growing up in Illinois, the BEST, sweetest corn is after the 4th of July to mid July.
They have their own beef (have not tried). And of course, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
Make sure you take a look in the fridge in the back, because they also stock homemade Whoopie Pies and mini crumb pies (like shoo-fly and apple).
Also-I tried buying watermelon at Wegmans and have ALWAYS been so disappointed (don't get me wrong, love Wegman's - but they are not PERFECT) - but the watermelon at Meadow Breeze Farm is freaking juicy and sweet and perfect!!!
Oh. And. In the off season? When they have no one to man the market, they leave a little metal box for you to put your money in for the things you take...how freaking trusting and awesome is THAT?????
I love this simple, family owned, fresh, awesome, delish, friendly place.