Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Back to the 50's. Furlong Pa


It’s nice to know that when you’re craving french fries and a sandwich at 9 in the morning, Back to the 50’s located in Furlong will indulge you.
You won’t be able to miss the squat pink building (reminds me of my favorite Bonnie Bell lipgloss – Cotton Candy) and once inside, you’ll find it’s cozy, but the booths are nice and roomy.

This was the first time I’ve ever had the famous “Elvis” sandwich – peanut butter and bananas on grilled bread (I added bacon) – and it was worth the wait.

The fries were crispy (even at 9 in the morning) and the regular size fry came in a huge basket, easily enough for 2.  Now, I’m a picky fry eater, and Back to the 50’s serves the thick kind (I like mine thin or curly and thin) – which my mate loved, but alas, I prefer the skinner variety.

Our waitress was friendly and attentive  – though the young guy that sat us seemed like he’d rather be at home playing video games than working – no Richie Cunningham or Fonzie – still – he was polite – just a bit distant.

I look forward to more visits to try the cheese steaks (which Alice from the Chalfont Post Office swears is the best in the area).

Ps. If you order the Elvis, please refrain from saying “Thank you, thank you very much” when the waitress delivers it. She’s heard that line 4, 567 times.