Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Why I Hate Jodi Schad and Her Damn Fine Scones

J.Scones is a  little bakery sits behind the Cross Keys Diner (the sign says: Bake Shop) I thought I was a fabulous baker and made the best muffins and scones and then I met Jodi - what nerve!  Not only does she knock my baked goods out of the park, she's as sweet as her confections. What a bitch!
She  has a wide variety of scones - and today I chose the creme de freche and currant scone - so moist. It's really hard to find a MOIST scone, but this one managed to be both light, rich, and moist. 
The pineapple macadamia nut scone sounded amazing too - what a great flavor combination. 
John had a blueberry chocolate cinnamon chip muffin. I can honestly say, this is the best muffin I've ever had in my life (and scones). The muffin was just bursting with flavor, buttery, and moist. 
Jodi also had a gorgeous display of red velvet cupcakes, of which I took a picture!
Just fantastic. You must, must, stop in and try it. On her business card, it also says she does wholesale, and mail order. 
Remember, it's located BEHIND Cross Keys Diner. (also, Cross Keys is a fabulous diner). 
If she wasn't so sweet, I'd hate Jodi for making me realize my muffins and scones are not the best. I'm totally afraid to try her cookies, if I do, I just may never bake again!

***for those that don't have a sense of humor; I am totally kidding when I say I hate Jodi - she was quite sweet and she is NOT a bitch. Thank you.